Monday, August 20, 2007

Slow and steady

Well today was a productive day on the recommender front. I spoke with two partners I used to work with and both happily agreed to write me letters of recommendation. One even offered to write a recommendation as soon as I explained I was applying to MBA programs, but before I even had the chance to ask if he would write one. I took that as a good sign. Over the weekend I finished the first draft of my final HBS essay, so I now have a complete set of first drafts for HBS. Tonight my mom gave me her feedback on the HBS essays she read and she brought up some good points. As funny as it sounds I'm actually excited about some of the changes I'm going to be making to the essays, since I think they'll be a lot better and more impactful with the changes. My plan is to focus on the Chicago essays this week, then do some revisions to my HBS essays over the weekend, taking into consideration the feedback I've received on them. I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do with the Chicago powerpoint essay. I have some ideas, but I don't think I'll really be sure what is going to work until I put the slides together and see how it looks.

On a completely random note, the weather's been rainy for two days now, and it's supposed to stay like this at least through tomorrow night. I'm sick of the rain.

No comments: