Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm back

I am back from my travels and will now be home for the two weeks leading up to the HBS R1 deadline. I've also got my confidence and momentum back. Yesterday I did another round of revisions to my HBS essays and am now feeling very good about them. I think I'll have one more look at them and the entire HBS application before I submit it, but overall I think it's ready to go. Now I have to start focusing on Chicago and Stanford. In other application news, I'll be attending the HBS event in NYC this Wednesday night, so I'll be sure to let you all know how that goes. I'm interested to see how the case discussion goes, both to see how the case works in action, but also to see what insights it provides on what they're looking for in applicants.

When I was in London last week, I had lunch with a friend who did an MBA at Cambridge a few years ago. She shared her application experience (which wasn't too different than what we're all going through now) but said that she felt less stressed after she submitted her application than when she was working on preparing the essays and applications. I could see how that would be the case. At this point I'm looking forward to getting this phase of the process behind me and moving on to the next phase - even if that phase is staring at the phone waiting for the call.

No comments: