Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Chicago accelerates R1 notifications

I got an email this morning (actually it was sent yesterday afternoon but with timezones I didn't pick it up until this morning) from Chicago GSB announcing that the final decisions for R1 candidates will be released on December 19. Yes, as in 2 WEEKS from today. So after a moment of panic as I thought that I had an all day meeting that day, at which I would be worthless as I thought about what decision lay in wait in my inbox, I checked my calendar to see that other than a conference call that should end by 8am EST, I have nothing scheduled that morning. So I will be free to sit and stare at my inbox waiting for the email from Chicago admissions. The funny thing about this is that just a few days ago, I was having drinks with another prospective Chicago student, and she mentioned that a first year told her that during R1 last year, Chicago released decisions a month before the official R1 notification date. So while I won't hear a full month early, I do still appreciate having my waiting time reduced by a few weeks. Here's hoping for an early Christmas present from Chicago GSB!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, all the best for a Chicago admit(and for the H/S invites)!
No R2 apps? I thought u were doing W too...

Mail me at "oopsagain2010@gmail.com", maybe we can chat offline while you're getting tense about your admits, and I'm getting worried about my essays :-)

SPARKY said...

hey - waiting for my notification from chicago myself. these next few weeks are going to be brutal!

Anonymous said...

FYI...Last year Chicago GSB's adcom actually called all admitted students the day before the decision, so you may not need to worry about that all day meeting.

Good Luck!

mbarunnergirl said...

Those two weeks make all the difference, right? The wait is killing me already!

Anonymous said...

Actually, last year it was 2 days before. Expect the 17th.