Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rainy day update

I'm in sort of a lazy mood today, and the gray rainy weather isn't helping anything. It's a good thing I don't have much to do other than some laundry and grocery shopping. On the business school front, I've been thinking a lot lately about what recruiting will hold in store for me and others in the class of 2011. There's been a pretty steady stream of bad news on MBA employment lately (see here and here as examples). But at the same time most of the students I talk to say that while recruiting is definitely harder than in the past, and some industries, especially finance, are especially hard hit, most of their classmates are still successfully finding internships and full-time offers, many having more than one offer to choose from. So I don't know what to think. I'm hopeful that the employment market will improve somewhat next year, and think that the sorts of healthcare jobs I'm interest in are still available, but guess I won't know for certain until recruiting starts this fall.

I talked to my future landlord, and he said my credit checks and everything were ok so he's putting a lease in the mail for me to sign. I'm pretty excited, I liked this building the most of the ones I saw in Evanston, and it'll be good to get this off the to-do list. I was talking with a few other R1 Kellogg admits the other day and they all had signed leases already in a building just down the street. I had thought I was getting housing done very early, but I guess not.

No comments: