Saturday, December 20, 2008

DAK

Took the time to register for DAK yesterday, which will be Feb. 6-8. I guess it'll be a good introduction to what I should expect from the Chicago winters. Nonetheless, I'm really excited to go. I had a great visit to the school when I applied, so I think I'm more excited about meeting my potential classmates than about seeing what the school has to offer. The schedule looks like it'll provide a lot of time for socializing and getting to know both the current students and the incoming students, which will be nice. A few current students have said it's a good idea to try and get housing somewhat organized during DAK weekend, so I'll be trying to do that as well - if only to save me another trip to Evanston later in the spring/summer to find housing.

My plan is to relax through the holidays and not think about bschool at all. After New Year's though, I'll have to start on the to-do list...and pretty close to the top of that list is to meet with a realtor about the possibility of selling my apartment in NJ. I can't wait to hear what they have to say.

1 comment:

Bill Aube said...

Welcome to Chicago this weekend! Hopefully I'll meet you later this year, assuming I get an R2 admit from Kellogg..

Please enjoy an UNSEASONABLY lovely weekend here, with temps at least 30 degrees warmer than usual. There will be plenty of frigid days and in such quantity you'll just have to live with them...